Updated: 6/30/20 4:50 PM
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Many of you have questions about school reopening in August. We want to assure you that our administration is working with the UHS Board and the Fresno County Health Department to craft a plan that is realistic and safe for students to be on our campus. While we do not have a final plan, we are offering some preliminary information that we hope you’ll find helpful.
- We are planning to adhere to the school academic calendar. You will find the 2020-21 school calendar on the UHS website.
- We will use our standard daily schedule with school starting and ending times the same, but with schedule modifications during the day.
- Students will come to the UHS campus five days a week. Given the small class sizes and our school environment, as well as the potential use of Fresno State classrooms, we believe that students can attend school daily and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- We will implement daily health assessments with temperature checking. We will provide virtual access to daily classes for students who are unwell.
- Facial coverings will be required inside classrooms and in enclosed areas.
- We will continue to work with the County Health Department to make sure that all final plans are appropriate to uphold the State guidelines.
Please watch for announcements in our school bulletin, tele-parent phone messages and our website for updated information.
The UHS office will be closed for the month of July. However, the following staff members will be available via email should you have an urgent question or need assistance.
For transcript information you may contact Linda Rea at email@example.com
For donations or development questions, please contact Joanna Felger at firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions, please contact Jennifer Marrett at email@example.com
7:00 – 8:30pm
Information days provide an overview of University High School for those interested in learning more about our school. Graduation requirements, student and parent expectations, application requirements, and deadlines, will be reviewed. A campus tour will also be provided.
*Fresno State parking is strictly enforced. Obtain parking pass at kiosk using the parking code; pass is valid in any yellow/green lot. Do not park in metered parking if using a day pass. Fresno State Map