Tips to Remember:
- Freshmen grades are not counted
- Only grades earned in 10th and 11th grade will be calculated. This includes grades received in the summer after 9th grade through the summer after 11th grade.
- Only A-G courses can be used in your GPA calculation. As such, physical education and elective courses will be excluded from your GPA.
- While most UHS courses are worth five credits apiece, performing group and musicianship coursework credit vary.
- If you received a D or F, they can be replaced in the GPA only when you retake the exact same semester of the same course, otherwise you must include the D or F in your GPA calculation.
- Students are allowed to augment their GPAs for up to eight semesters of coursework. Only grades of Cs or better may be augmented. A maximum of 8 extra points may be awarded for approved AP and college coursework.
- Grade Values are as follows for non-AP and high school coursework: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, and F=0. AP and college coursework values are as follows: A=5, B=4, C=3. Only 8 classes may be augmented!
- Multiply the grade value of the course by the semester hours for that course.
- The product of this multiplication will be the grade points.
- Divide the cumulative grade points by the cumulative attempted hours.
|Course||Grade Value||(Times)||Credit Hours Attempted||(Equals)||Grade Points|
|HIST 20||A = 5||X||5||=||25|
|ENGL 10||B = 3||X||5||=||15|
|AP STATS||C = 3||X||5||=||15|
|MUSICIANSHIP 2||D = 1||X||2.5||=||2.5|
|CHEMISTRY||F = 0||X||5||=||0|
Divide 57.5 (Grade Points Column) by 22.5 (Credit Hours Attempted Column) and the G.P.A. = 2.55